If you are serious about any sort of diving or spearfishing, then you are probably aware what a huge difference a good wetsuit can make. They can provide thermal insulation to keep you warm in colder waters, as well as resistance against things like jellyfish and sharp, abrasive reef. Wetsuits are also designed keeping buoyancy in mind, which helps to keep you comfortably afloat when needed.
If you are somewhat new to the diving or spearfishing hobby, it can be difficult to choose the right wetsuit for you. That is why we have taken the liberty of putting together this guide to highlight three of the best wetsuits you can find in 2017. Any one of these wetsuits would make for a great choice.
3 Best Wetsuits to Buy in 2018
The O’Neill Reactor line of wetsuits makes for an excellent affordable entry point for those looking to purchase a full suit. When you consider that O’Neill has been in the surf wear industry since 1952, it’s a given that they know a thing or two about making a great wetsuit. Thanks to their experience and expertise, the 3/2mm Reactor wetsuit holds many features usually reserved for more expensive full suit models.
● Full length, long sleeve wetsuit with zip closure
● Exclusive fluid-flex in shoulder and sleeves
● Strategic paddle zones
● Features a single super seal neck closure designed to provide non-irritating protection
● Features durable seams thanks to flatlock construction
● 3/2mm thickness keeps you warm even in cold water temperatures
● Krypto Knee Padz designed to protect the suit from damage while protecting you from abrasion
● Affordable price range
● 12-month warranty
● Some users have reported a noticeable smell due to neoprene lining within the wetsuit
As we mentioned above, O’Neill definitely knows what they’re doing when it comes to making a great wetsuit. The 3/2mm Reactor is designed to be extremely durable while being affordable. It is highly recommended thanks to the fact that it features pretty much everything you could hope for in an entry level wetsuit.
The Access line of wetsuits produced by Hyperflex is designed with three key points in mind: durability, quality, and affordability. And taking those points into consideration, this wetsuit nails each one of them. The 3/2mm Access full suit will meet and even exceed the needs of anybody seeking an entry level wetsuit.
● Designed as an entry level suit in mind
● High-quality design constructed from 3mm of premium neoprene give this wetsuit the perfect balance of warmth and function
● Flat lock seams provide unparalleled comfort and durability
● Low profile seam helps prevent discomfort with extended usage
● Storm force knee pads
● Chill breaker mesh skin panels
● Outer surface is extremely abrasion-resistant
● Perfect as a multi-sport wetsuit, whether you plan on surfing, paddleboarding, windsurfing, or water skiing
● The only issues we could find with this wetsuit come down to issues with the sizing chart resulting in customers ending up with a suit that doesn’t fit properly — even then this is an uncommon issue and Hyperflex will replace the wetsuit without hassle
This wetsuit makes a very good claim for being potentially the best wetsuit out of the three featured on this list. Thanks to the emphasis placed on the three key points that we mentioned above (quality, durability, affordability), Hyperflex has produced a wetsuit that provides outstanding value for anybody seeking to purchase one of the best wetsuits available today. However, we still have one more wetsuit to look at before we finish this list, so let’s take a look and see if it will be the best option available.
This stylish wetsuit definitely takes the top spot on our list as far as pricing is concerned. It’s definitely the most affordable option out of the three, but does it hold up elsewhere? As a matter of fact, it does. It doesn’t matter whether you need a wetsuit for diving, snorkeling, or surfing — this wetsuit will have you covered.
● Super-stretchy nylon II design enhances performance and mobility
● Easy-reach, extra long leash with #10 YKK zip
● Form hugging design thanks to anatomic form-fitting panels that optimize performance while minimizing water flowing in or out
● Perfect for all conditions, including cold weather use
● Flatlock stitching throughout the suit reduces irritation from the seams
● Super-stretch armpit panels
● Can’t beat the price
● Unlike the other two wetsuits on our list, the Seavenger 3mm tropical shorty is not a full suit
If you’re on a budget and looking at acquiring a new wetsuit, you really can’t go wrong with this suit from Seavenger. It packs durability and function into an extremely affordable package that is perfect for anyone looking to pick up a wetsuit. It is highly recommended for anyone, no matter their water sports needs. The only reason you might not want to consider this product is if you’re in the market for a full suit instead, in which case one of the above products is probably a better pick for you.
Any of the three products listed above can make a claim for being the best wetsuit available to purchase in 2018. Anyone could get a tremendous amount of value out of these three wetsuits, as this list contains something for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you are a novice diver looking for an entry level model for your first wetsuit purchase, or an experienced surfer looking to replace an older suit, you can’t go wrong with any option we’ve listed above!