If you have ever gone scuba diving before, then you know that the most important aspect of making sure that you have an enjoyable experience that fits properly. Otherwise, you end up spending the majority of your time adjusting your mask when it falls off your face or even worse, constantly emptying water of it.
To help you avoid some of these snorkeling mask blunders, we are here to help you with a handy buying guide to picking out the best scuba mask that is right for you. We have listed three of our favorites and we are positive that you would find anyone of them suitable for use the next time you head out to hit the water for a day of snorkeling.
3 Best Scuba Masks Available in 2020
Scuba Mask #1 – Cressi Panoramic Wide View Mask Dry Snorkel Set
The first entry on our list is an offering by Cressi, who focuses on providing you with unmatched peripheral vision when it comes to wearing their snorkeling masks. This Panoramic Wide View mask is no exception, as it features side windows providing an outstanding field of vision. This low profile line of masks is designed for all levels of snorkeling enthusiasts. Whether you’re pro, semi-pro, or you just enjoy the occasional bit of snorkeling while on holiday, they have a mask for you.
- The lenses fit precisely onto the main lens to provide an excellent field of view
- Side windows increase peripheral vision
- Tempered glass lenses combine with a durable polycarbonate frame
- Soft high quality 100% silicone rubber skirt
- Double feathered edge skirt gives a perfect seal for your face
- Quick-adjust ratcheting mask strap buckles
- Soft silicone mouthpiece
- Dry top that prevents water entry when submerged underwater
- Can also be used for diving
- Great mask for kids
- Plenty of color options
- Lacks a purge valve
- Sometimes side windows reflect an image that is in front of you
This Cressi scuba mask is a worthy entry on our list for your consideration. One of the main highlights of a good snorkeling trip is the beautiful sights that you can see. Any mask designed to increase your field of view to ensure that you can take in all of the amazing sights to see underwater is always going to be a safe bet. This Panoramic Wide View mask comes highly recommended.
Scuba Mask #2 – Snorkel Mask, TriMagic 180° Panoramic Full Face Design with Large Viewing Area – Easier Breathing and GoPro Compatible with Anti-Fog and Anti-Leak
TriMagic earns the next spot on our list thanks to an incredibly designed snorkel mask that also provides an excellent viewing experience while you’re out in the water. As a bonus, this mask is even compatible with GoPro cameras to make sure you can capture all of the amazing sights you see underwater on film to revisit anytime.
- 180° full-face design gives an incredible field of view
- Detachable mount for GoPro camera
- Shatterproof polycarbonate window
- Full face design means you won’t have to worry about holding the snorkel in your mouth allowing for easier breathing
- Anti-fogging ability thanks to separate breathing chamber that helps make an airflow away from the main visor
- Dry top snorkel prevents water from getting in
- Constructed from medical silica gel for incredible comfort
- Wearing strap designed for comfort
- The separate version available for children
- Can’t be used for scuba diving, freediving, or any other type of strenuous diving
- Prone to leaking if not properly fitted
This scuba mask offering from TriMagic is in a similar price range as the mask above by Cressi, with the main difference being the ability to accommodate a GoPro camera. If you own a GoPro and regularly put it to good use, this is probably the better mask for you to go with. Otherwise, both masks provide almost the same benefits, meaning you really couldn’t go wrong with either pick.
Scuba Mask #3 – Ocean Reef Aria Full Face Snorkel Mask
The final pick for one of the best snorkel masks you could purchase is this full face mask made by Ocean Reef. With the Aria mask, you can breathe through your nose, thanks to the dry top preventing water from getting inside the mask. Ocean Reef has designed this mask for unparalleled comfort and convenience when snorkeling. Simply put it on and dive in.
- Full face design allows you to breathe through your nose
- Largest field of vision available out of any mask
- Breathing circulation within the mask prevents fogging
- The dry top system prevents water from getting in
- A self-purging valve near the bottom of the mask
- Detachable snorkel for convenient transportation
- Constructed from light and durable thermoplastic
- Lots of color options available
- Places more pressure on your lower jaw than other full face masks
- More expensive than the other two options
This is a fantastic snorkel mask that deserved a spot on our list. With an incredible field of view and extremely comfortable breathing options that also ensure it doesn’t get fogged up, you really can’t go wrong with the Aria mask. Another highly recommended option.
There you have it. Three of the absolute best snorkel masks available to buy today in 2020. Each one of them emphasizes being comfortable to wear while providing a proper fit. The only thing to keep in mind is purchasing the appropriate size. They all feature great fields of view, making sure you can enjoy all the incredible sights awaiting you beneath the water surface. If you own a GoPro camera, you are probably best served with the TriMagic offering to be able to capture those sights. Otherwise, you can’t go wrong with any of the options above. Choose any one of them and you’re all set to thoroughly enjoy your next snorkeling experience