If you have ever gone snorkeling before, then you know that the most important aspect of making sure that you have an enjoyable experience is a snorkel mask that fits properly. Otherwise, you end up spending the majority of your time adjusting your mask when it falls off your face or even worse, constantly emptying water out of it.
In order to help you avoid some of these snorkeling mask blunders, we are here to help you with a handy buying guide to picking out the best snorkel mask that is right for you. We have listed three of our favorites and we are positive that you would find any one of them suitable for use the next time you head out to hit the water for a day of snorkeling.
3 Best Snorkel Masks Available in 2018
The first entry on our list is an offering by Cressi, who focus on providing you with unmatched peripheral vision when it comes to wearing their snorkeling masks. This Panoramic Wide View mask is no exception, as it features side windows providing an outstanding field of vision. This low profile line of masks is designed for all levels of snorkeling enthusiasts. Whether you’re pro, semi-pro, or you just enjoy the occasional bit of snorkeling while on holiday, they have a mask for you.
- The lenses fit precisely onto the main lens to provide excellent field of view
- Side windows increase peripheral vision
- Tempered glass lenses combine with a durable polycarbonate frame
- Soft high quality 100% silicone rubber skirt
- Double feathered edge skirt gives a perfect seal for your face
- Quick adjust ratcheting mask strap buckles
- Soft silicone mouthpiece
- Dry top that prevents water entry when submerged under water
- Can also be used for diving
- Great mask for kids
- Plenty of color options
- Lacks a purge valve
- Sometimes side windows reflect an image that is in front of you
This Cressi snorkeling mask is definitely a worthy entry on our list for your consideration. One of the main highlights of a good snorkeling trip is the beautiful sights that you can see. Any mask designed to increase your field of view to ensure that you are able to take in all of the amazing sights to see underwater is always going to be a safe bet. This Panoramic Wide View mask comes highly recommended.
TriMagic earns the next spot on our list thanks to an incredibly designed snorkel mask that also provides an excellent viewing experience while you’re out in the water. As an added bonus, this mask is even compatible with GoPro cameras to make sure you can capture all of the amazing sights you see underwater on film to revisit anytime.
- 180° full face design gives incredible field of view
- Detachable mount for GoPro camera
- Shatterproof polycarbonate window
- Full face design means you won’t have to worry about holding the snorkel in your mouth allowing for easier breathing
- Anti-fogging ability thanks to separate breathing chamber that helps make an airflow away from the main visor
- Dry top snorkel prevents water from getting in
- Constructed from medical silica gel for incredible comfort
- Wearing strap designed for comfort
- Separate version available for children
- Can’t be used for scuba diving, freediving, or any other type of strenuous diving
- Prone to leaking if not properly fitted
This snorkel mask offering from TriMagic is in a similar price range as the mask above by Cressi, with the main difference being the ability to accommodate a GoPro camera. If you own a GoPro and regularly put it to good use, this is probably the better mask for you to go with. Otherwise, both masks provide almost the same benefits, meaning you really couldn’t go wrong with either pick.
The final pick for one of the best snorkel masks you could purchase is this full face mask made by Ocean Reef. With the Aria mask, you actually are able to breathe through your nose, thanks to the dry top preventing water from getting inside the mask. Ocean Reef has designed this mask for an unparalleled comfort and convenience when snorkeling. Simply put it on and dive in.
- Full face design allows you to breathe through your nose
- Largest field of vision available out of any mask
- Breathing circulation within the mask prevents fogging
- Dry top system prevents water from getting in
- Self-purging valve near the bottom of the mask
- Detachable snorkel for convenient transportation
- Constructed from light and durable thermoplastic
- Lots of color options available
- Places more pressure on your lower jaw than other full face masks
- More expensive than the other two options
This is an absolutely fantastic snorkel mask that definitely deserved a spot on our list. With an incredible field of view and extremely comfortable breathing options that also ensure it doesn’t get fogged up, you really can’t go wrong with the Aria mask. Another highly recommended option.
There you have it. Three of the absolute best snorkel masks available to buy today in 2017. Each one of them places emphasis on being comfortable to wear while providing a proper fit. The only thing to keep in mind is purchasing the appropriate size. They all feature great fields of view, making sure you are able to enjoy all the incredible sights awaiting you beneath the water surface. If you own a GoPro camera, you are probably best served with the TriMagic offering to be able to capture those sights. Otherwise, you can’t go wrong with any of the options above. Choose any one of them and you’re all set to thoroughly enjoy your next snorkeling experience